Welcome!!!

Welcome !!!!!
We welcome entries that are not traditional scrapbooking - such as art journalling, painting, cards, mixed media, off-the-page work. However you like to create - we welcome your work!



Saturday, October 22, 2011

technique twenty-second - October 2011

I have added some instructions and with photos here to a cute little spinner album I made and taught a class with a while ago using double sided paper from Basic Gray.  Basically I told my students to look for natural embellishments that may be in their paper before they committed and cut the paper for use as background in their pages of the spinner album.  Some papers had some nice scallopped borders that students could cut out, some had beautiful flowers or other natural lines that could be used in borders. You will find suggestions I gave them for cutting their papers and some photos of the finished album here, as well I provide some photos of the finished album below. The whole album was made with less than 10 double-sided pages and some ribbon, flowers, a few tags, inks, embossing powder, and buttons. The pdf instructions I have attached to the post on my personal blog show some of the natural embellishments I cut from the papers.  As well, the next pages I included in the .pdf show some of the completed pages of the spinner album.

If you can get away with a beautiful economical project using paper wisely to make embellishments - why not do so????











3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Anne - I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a beautiful project Anne, love it so much! thanks for the inspiration and thanks for your love over at my blog. Cheers

    ReplyDelete